We are currently searching for a motivated and talented individual to join our team as an Event Technical Director. The Event Technical Director is a multi-faceted position, primarily responsible for the planning and technical execution of live corporate events for multiple clients.
In this role, you will need to be extremely flexible in scheduling; live corporate event production is an exciting business that does not necessarily take place from 8-5, Monday-Friday. You should be open to working nights and weekends, often logging more than 40 hours per week and travelling out of town.
The position allows you to manage events of 1,000 attendees or more while using your creativity, organizational skills and technical expertise to create a lasting impact upon clients and guests.
What we Need
- Extensive hands-on experience with new and classic video equipment
- Experience planning event video and display systems, setting up and routing equipment cabling (switchers, scalers, distribution amplifiers, cameras, CCUs, playback and recording devices, etc.)
- Experience directing live video, including calling multiple live camera shots, live switching of all video sources, and calling cues for all technical aspects of a live event
- Experience maintaining video equipment
- Knowledge of video projection and display systems including projectors, screens, flat panel and LED display systems
- Experience in planning and setting up projection and display systems
- Knowledge of small, medium and large venue audio systems
- Experience working with audio engineers to select, install and operate audio equipment for live events
- Knowledge of lighting instruments including conventional and intelligent systems, dimmers, and control systems
- Experience working with lighting designers to select and implement equipment for live corporate events
- Knowledge of streaming hardware and software, hosting and other online delivery elements
- Experience designing or working with designers to create custom scenery and integrated lighting and projection systems including hard wall scenery, flexible and fabric elements, and Gobo design and implementation
- Experience working with pipe and drape, banner, and other environmental elements
- Knowledge of other scenic and display elements for the enhancement of live corporate presentations
- Experience using PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, and other presentation graphic software, hardware and tools to create presentations
- Ability and willingness to help the team wherever needed, including lifting, loading and unloading equipment
Who you are
- Five or more years of experience with extensive knowledge of technical direction and execution of live business or corporate events
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with individuals involved with all levels of production (clients, team members, venue managers, event planners, building engineers, union workers, etc.)
- Willingness and flexibility to work on nights and weekends, including out-of-town and overnight trips, and frequent 40+ hour work weeks
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with rigging, motors and fly systems
Apply Now ›
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and do not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.